Pittsburgh, Kittanning and Washington, PA Non-Profit Services
Our non-profit clients rely on our experience to meet their specific accounting, tax, and operational needs. Whether you need to manage and optimize your resources, clearly and accurately report your funding sources and patterns, or address any other regulatory or organizational issue, you can expect a practical approach, technical insight, and a thorough understanding of financial and tax-exempt reporting as well as operational matters.
Our key services to our non-profit clients include:
Financial Statement Audit
Our auditors combine industry knowledge with our audit experience and the latest audit technology to provide you with relevant insight throughout your financial statement audit.
• Listen and define engagement objectives
• Understand your business and develop audit plan
• Perform the audit
• Deliver the audit report and provide insight to management and the board of directors
Tax-exempt entities face many of the same issues as businesses. They have unique compliance needs that require a specialized knowledge of tax laws.
Our not-for-profit industry expertise allows us to tailor our tax approach to focus on your key risk areas such as:
• Obtain and maintain tax-exempt status
• Comply with IRS requirements, including the filing of Forms 990 and 990-T.
• Conduct IRS risk assessments and unrelated business income analyses
• Provide representation before tax authorities
For non-profit organizations required to complete an audit due to expenditures of more than $750,000 in federal awards per year, our accountants offer experienced independent audit services. These financial audits help you identify areas of unnecessary spending and keep you on the right side of federal and state regulations.
When a financial statement audit is not the right fit, our professionals can provide quality compilations of financial statements, limited assurance reviews of financial statements, or agreed-upon procedures to meet your needs including:
• Testing of cash disbursements to ensure the proper supporting documentation and legitimacy of the transaction.
• Assist with acquisitions and joint ventures, and perform due diligence
Our industry involvement includes membership in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Governmental Audit Quality Center.
We are happy to prepare any of these items if you need help.